Welcome to the Warrior Soul Agoge: a community of Veterans seeking to reawaken and hone their warrior spirits for success in the modern world.
As a US Marine Corps Veteran, I created this platform in the midst of the tragic state of veterans in this country.
We are constantly reminded of the plagues of veteran suicide and homelessness, but there are few people speaking of how veterans can truly live their best lives.
If you want to have greater control over your life, greater impact on others, and you have the drive to make this world a better place, then this podcast is for you.
This is not a place where you will find anyone complaining or making excuses for why our community isn’t where it should be.
There are plenty of other platforms for that. This one is different.
If you believe that you are beyond repair, this is a little bit of my story:
About Chris Albert
Why I’m the Biggest Failure Ever, and Why You Should Still Listen to Me
Most people use their “About” pages just to talk about their accolades…
I’m not going to do that.
Rather, I’m going to be very honest with you about my shortcomings and faults with the hope that you don’t skip out on me before I tell you why you should stick around.
Life has a very funny way of messing with you, and sometimes you can feel like you’re an ant, and God is a sadistic kid with a magnifying glass trying to burn you alive.
But that, in and of itself, is an illusion. Nobody truly has it easy on this planet, and everyone has their battles to fight. Here are some of mine…
- I've been broke most of my life.
- I've screwed up just about every relationship i’ve ever been in.
- I served in the marine corps, but my service was pretty anticlimactic and I was probably, at best, a marginal Marine.
- I've ruined just about every business I’ve ever started except for this one.
- I suffer from a disease called Ulcerative Colitis that forces me to run to a bathroom 30 times a day with bloody bowel movements when I'm in a flare up.
So you’re probably asking, "what the hell makes you special and why do you have this website?"
Well, if you did ask that, then you already have it figured out…
There’s nothing really that special about me, except for the fact that I’ve never given up.
- Despite all of my business failures, I’m still standing and running warrior soul.
- Despite my poor relationship record, I've found the woman of my dreams and I live with her here in Florida.
- Even though I have Ulcerative Colitis and I’m pushing 40 years old, I’m still training hard, rolling jiu jitsu, and living my life.
I wake up every morning with one purpose: to give hope back to those who lost it.
As a Veteran, much of my focus is on the US Military Veteran Community, but even if you’ve never served, you’ll find information here that can help you.
Our content focuses on helping our viewers to live their best lives. That means something different for everyone, but there are certain factors that transcend any specific person:
- HEALTH – BECAUSE WITHOUT IT YOU CAN’T LIVE A COMPLETE LIFE.
- FITNESS – BECAUSE THE FITTER YOU ARE, THE MORE CAPABLE YOU ARE OF ENJOYING LIFE.
- SELF MASTERY – BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO LIVE WITH YOURSELF AND YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT’S PREVENTING YOU FROM LIVING THE LIFE YOU WANT.
- WEALTH – BECAUSE, WHILE MONEY ISN’T EVERYTHING, IT IS THE KEY TO FREEDOM IN OUR SOCIETY.
You will find information amongst my articles, videos, and podcasts to help you in each of these areas, and my goal for every piece of content that I produce is to give you some actionable advice or wisdom that you can apply immediately.
So now that I’ve told you a bit about my faults, here’s a bit more about my background…
I’m not telling you these things to brag. I just want you to know that I’m not some quack who cooked this stuff up from a magic book of spells.
- I’M AN NSCA CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER AND A CERTIFIED SPORTS NUTRITION SPECIALIST.
- I’VE COACHED HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD IN FITNESS INCLUDING PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES, FITNESS MODELS, FIGHTERS, CORPORATE EXECUTIVES, AND BODYBUILDERS.
- AMONGST MY MOST WELL KNOWN ADVISEES WERE MIKE RASHID AND CT FLETCHER.
- NONE OF THIS MEANS THAT I KNOW EVERYTHING, AND YOU’LL FIND THAT WHEN MY KNOWLEDGE IS NOT COMPLETE, I DEFER TO THE EXPERTS EITHER BY CITING THEM IN MY WRITTEN WORK OR BY INTERVIEWING THEM ON MY PODCAST.
- I AM ACTUALLY A TRAINED SOCIAL SCIENTIST WITH AN EXPERTISE IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION AND DECISION-MAKING. I GAINED THIS EXPERTISE AS A DOCTORAL CANDIDATE IN THE DEPARTMENT OF POLITICAL SCIENCE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT SANTA BARBARA WHERE I PASSED MY DOCTORAL EXAMS, ADVANCED TO DOCTORAL CANDIDACY BY DEFENDING MY DISSERTATION PROSPECTUS, BUT I DECIDED THAT THE LIFE OF A PROFESSOR WAS NOT FOR ME AND I LEFT TO OPEN UP A GYM IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA. IN SHORT, I’M A PH.D DROPOUT.
- THE GYM I HELPED FOUND WAS METROFLEX GYM, LONG BEACH – ONE OF THE MOST WELL KNOWN GYMS IN THE WORLD. I OWNED A PERCENTAGE OF IT FOR THREE YEARS, BUT HAD TO GIVE UP OWNERSHIP IN THE MIDST OF MY DIVORCE DUE TO FINANCIAL ISSUES (I TOLD YOU I SCREWED UP A LOT).
- I AM ALSO THE FOUNDER OF WARRIOR SOUL APPAREL, A CLOTHING COMPANY FOR US MILITARY VETERANS. I STARTED THIS COMPANY WHILE I WAS LIVING OUT OF MY CAR IN 2013 AND I’VE BEEN RUNNING IT EVER SINCE.
- I AM A CONSULTANT WHO HELPS BUSINESS OWNERS FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO DEVELOP STRATEGIES TO IMPROVE THEIR BUSINESSES.
So there it is: I’ve aired a bunch of my dirty laundry with the hope that it inspires you to understand one thing: you’re good enough to live the life you want.
If you decide to consume my content and follow me on social media, I will do everything in my power to realize that statement and make the most out of your time here on this Earth.
Here’s where you should go from here:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WARRIOR SOUL PODCAST
SUBSCRIBE TO THE WARRIOR SOUL AGOGE YOUTUBE CHANNEL
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
THANKS FOR GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO TELL YOU MORE ABOUT MYSELF. HOPEFULLY, I’LL SEE YOU AROUND AND I LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU.