How to Face Your Demons and Win with Mike Ergo
How to Face Your Demons and Win with Mike Ergo from Transitions from War
In order to progress in life, you’re eventually going to need to face your demons.
Mike Ergo is a US Marine Corps Combat Veteran, Ironman Triathlete, and former alcoholic and drug addict. He is also the host of the Transitions from War Podcast. At one point, during Operation Phantom Fury, Mike lost so many friends that he accepted that he was going to die. He didn’t.
As he entered the civilian life he didn’t plan on living, he found himself ill equipped for dealing with the memories of his time in combat. Like so many, he found himself turning to drugs and alcohol to get through the pain. These proved to be false allies that simply allowed him to bury his pain deep inside. He was numbed to it, but it was still there scratching away at his insides. He found counseling, went through a 12 step program, and eventually found his peace in endurance sports.
Eventually this led him to compete in Ironman Triathlon. Today, Mike wears the names of his fallen friends on his racing gear, and connects with a local Gold Star Family in each race he runs. His podcast, Transitions from War focuses on helping other veterans to find their peace and educating others on how to train for endurance.
In this episode, you’ll learn techniques to face your demons, identify issues you need to overcome, and how Mike was able to find his own peace through intense physical exercise.
Follow Mike & Transitions from War
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/transitions_from_war/
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/transitionsfromwar/
The Transitions from War Podcast: http://transitionsfromwar.com/episode-34-chris-albert-of-warrior-soul-agoge/
Join the Warrior Soul Fitness Academy
For those who are looking for more direct guidance, but don’t want to spend thousands on direct coaching, we have a small training group called the Warrior Soul Agoge. It includes:
- Community: To surround yourself with others looking to become better and stronger versions of themselves.
- Mentorship: to help guide you on your path not only in fitness, but also in life.
- Daily Workouts: you can either follow the elite level pre-set programs I used for some of my high-level clients or follow the workouts I post every day! Hundreds of workouts included with membership including workouts that you can do at home!
- Form Guidance: upload videos of your exercises to our private Facebook group where I’ll give you queues to help you perfect your form on the big exercises!
- Customized Nutrition: I’ll teach you how to create your own customized nutrition program, and I’ll guide you each week through our private Facebook group!
- Weekly Recipes: Make your diet delicious and easy to follow with my five star collection of healthy recipes!
- Live coaching each week: Join our private zoom calls each week where you can ask me questions live!
- BONUS: FREE EBOOKS including the classic Getting to Shredded Program and our Fitness is Freedom Goal Setting Guide!
The Warrior Soul Podcast is sponsored by FBOMB Nutrition. Get 20% off of your first order of FBOMBs when you use the code WARRIORSOUL at checkout by clicking the image below!