Noah Currier: Oscar Mike
Noah Currier is a Marine Corps Veteran and the creator of Oscar Mike, a charity and clothing brand that encourages wounded veterans to stay active.
Noah Currier is a Marine Corps Veteran and the founder and creator of Oscar Mike, a charity and clothing brand that stands for “On the Move.” Noah’s story of tragedy and triumph is one of the most heart wrenching yet inspirational stories I’ve covered on this podcast.
Three days after coming back from a deployment, Noah was in a car accident that left him paralyzed. Three months after that tragic event, his fiance was killed in another car accident.
Noah was left broken in body and spirit, and he almost ended it, but chose not to because of his mother. As he recovered, he created the idea for Oscar Mike, a charity that helps wounded veterans to stay active. To reduce the overhead costs of the charity, Noah created Oscar Mike the clothing brand.
Today, Oscar Mike is a massive success as both a charity and as a business.
In this interview Noah and I discuss:
- how Noah overcame the tragic events of his past
- how he came up with the idea for Oscar Mike
- the difficulties of starting and maintaining a business
- what he’s doing to stay active
- how his life has changed since beginning Oscar Mike
- where he’s taking Oscar Mike in the future
To learn more about Noah and Oscar Mike, head over to www.oscarmike.org.