The Strong Do As They Can, While The Weak Suffer As Must
The Strong Do As They Can, While The Weak Suffer As They Must
Throughout history, people have regarded strength as an admirable trait. That’s because it’s always been important for survival, security, and in seeking out the means for life.
Yet, in today’s society, where life is much more convenient than it once was, we often find people neglecting the pursuit of strength. Some even characterize the pursuit of strength as a form of oppression.
In this episode, Chris discusses strength in the context of Thucydides’ History of the Peloponnesian War through three different theoretical lenses: realism, neoliberalism, and post-modernism. From there, he takes it back to the individual level and discusses why strength should be the focus of our pursuits here on this Earth.
He delivers three pieces of advice for keeping yourself strong in an environment and a society that seems to be encouraging weakness.
Join the Warrior Soul Fitness Academy
For those who are looking for more direct guidance, but don’t want to spend thousands on direct coaching, we have a small training group called the Warrior Soul Agoge. It includes:
- Community: To surround yourself with others looking to become better and stronger versions of themselves.
- Mentorship: to help guide you on your path not only in fitness, but also in life.
- Daily Workouts: you can either follow the elite level pre-set programs I used for some of my high-level clients or follow the workouts I post every day! Hundreds of workouts included with membership including workouts that you can do at home!
- Form Guidance: upload videos of your exercises to our private Facebook group where I’ll give you queues to help you perfect your form on the big exercises!
- Customized Nutrition: I’ll teach you how to create your own customized nutrition program, and I’ll guide you each week through our private Facebook group!
- Weekly Recipes: Make your diet delicious and easy to follow with my five star collection of healthy recipes!
- Live coaching each week: Join our private zoom calls each week where you can ask me questions live!
- BONUS: FREE EBOOKS including the classic Getting to Shredded Program and our Fitness is Freedom Goal Setting Guide!
The Warrior Soul Podcast is sponsored by FBOMB Nutrition. Get 20% off of your first order of FBOMBs when you use the code WARRIORSOUL at checkout by clicking the image below!