Robert Greene: Mastery
In this episode, I go into what I’m reading at the moment:
- Mastery by Robert Greene
In this book, Robert Greene explores the path to power that the great masters of the world took. It’s the perfect book for those who are trying to find their way in life toward a significant goal.
- Mastery is a process that you need to be willing to undertake
- It can often include initial boredom and difficulty that most people don’t get through
- Mastery starts with an apprenticeship phase that you need to go through in order to achieve it.
- True mastery comes through consistent work
- Why you should look at your work as a vocation
- It takes up to 10,000 hours of practice before you can achieve mastery at anything