Chris Bell: Fitness, Addiction, and Kratom – Redux
Chris Bell is a Filmmaker, Powerlifter, Survivor of Addiction, and a Kratom Advocate
Last year, I had the opportunity to sit down with Chris Bell, the creator of such films as Bigger, Stronger, Faster, and Prescription Thugs. I had long admired Chris’s films for their ability to illuminate complex issues that the media over-simplified.
While making Prescription Thugs, a movie about the rising plague of prescription drug abuse, Chris actually became addicted to opiates. He was able to overcome his issues through rehab, but he still had immense pain due to a genetic hip defect.
That’s when Chris was introduced to Kratom, a plant that delivers an opiate like effect to users with a much lower potential for addiction and overdose. As someone who has struggled with opiate addiction in the past, I was initially skeptical about Kratom, and remained slightly skeptical when this show was recorded. Until I threw my back out one day while doing deadlifts.
The pain was so intense I could not walk or move. I knew that I did not want to get back on any prescription opiate, so I tried Kratom. Kratom helped me significantly with the pain, but more importantly, I did not crave it like I craved other opiates.
I wasn’t thinking about it daily, and I even forgot to take it one day. Anyone who’s ever used opiates regularly will tell you that you do not forget to take it. In fact, addicts will center their whole day on when they’re going to take the drug.
This is not me advocating for Kratom or any other drug, but I believe that we should have all the facts before making a potentially helpful substance illegal. That’s why I’m republishing this episode. Since the recording of this podcast, Chris has released his documentary on Kratom A Leaf of Faith. I highly suggest that you check it out in addition to listening to this episode.
Join the Warrior Soul Fitness Academy
For those who are looking for more direct guidance, but don’t want to spend thousands on direct coaching, we have a small training group called the Warrior Soul Agoge. It includes:
- Community: To surround yourself with others looking to become better and stronger versions of themselves.
- Mentorship: to help guide you on your path not only in fitness, but also in life.
- Daily Workouts: you can either follow the elite level pre-set programs I used for some of my high-level clients or follow the workouts I post every day! Hundreds of workouts included with membership including workouts that you can do at home!
- Form Guidance: upload videos of your exercises to our private Facebook group where I’ll give you queues to help you perfect your form on the big exercises!
- Customized Nutrition: I’ll teach you how to create your own customized nutrition program, and I’ll guide you each week through our private Facebook group!
- Weekly Recipes: Make your diet delicious and easy to follow with my five star collection of healthy recipes!
- Live coaching each week: Join our private zoom calls each week where you can ask me questions live!
- BONUS: FREE EBOOKS including the classic Getting to Shredded Program and our Fitness is Freedom Goal Setting Guide!
The Warrior Soul Podcast is sponsored by FBOMB Nutrition. Get 20% off of your first order of FBOMBs when you use the code WARRIORSOUL at checkout by clicking the image below!